Denver, Colorado
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I have been doing my taxes with taxact for years. I have never had an issue with my direct deposit.

I took my information directly from last year's 1040 - my routing number and my account number. Then after I filed my taxes, they sent me an e-mail (which seemed odd) that they tested my account for my direct deposit with a $0 deposit and my bank rejected it, and they would have to send a paper check for my direct deposit. This makes ZERO sense, as I used the same exact information I used last year, and I contacted my bank and they were very confused. They said the e-mail sounded like a scam.

So why am I not receiving my direct deposit when I am supposed to? Or was this a scam? I tried to contact them on their website and they sent me to a site that asked for all of my personal information, which I did not trust, so I did not send it. I asked my bank about the tracking number/bank account number and they told me it was all correct information (which I already knew).

So what is going on here? Why are you delaying my tax refund?

I really hope that I get a check directly from the IRS and not from this bank, because I do not trust them one bit after reading just a little on this site. There's no reason my direct deposit wouldn't work, and none of this makes sense.

Product or Service Mentioned: Taxact Tax Preparation.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Republic Bank Cons: What seems to be shady business practices, Excuse given for missing refund, Customer service.

Comments

Sounds like you might need to check the status of your refund, on the IRS website. If you have your AGI, the exact amount of your refund, your name, and your SS#, you should be able to see whether your return was accepted by the IRS or not. ONLY give this info when YOU go to the actual site....NOT via an email link, etc...

ShrillPenguin
@Sandy

Do you know a number to speak to live representative